Business Assistant Saffron Walden
Business Assistant Saffron Walden
Business Assistant Saffron Walden. Our clients are seeking to recruit a Business Assistant to join their successful family owned company. The company is proud of its achievements and its strong team. As Business Assistant you will be part of a friendly and supportive team that aims to develop a culture of innovation, excellent customer service and employee engagement, in a company which provides innovative chemistry equipment for safer, cleaner, greener and more productive chemical research. They are based in Saffron Walden, Essex.
About the Business Assistant job
The role of Business Assistant is an exciting opportunity, it is a new role within the business and involves working directly with the company Managing Director and Director of Sales supporting them in a wide range of business related activities. You will be a graduate with a BSc or higher reporting to the Managing Director and Director of Sales, and the role will be a constantly evolving one, with additional responsibilities added as our clients continue to expand.
Personal Assistant tasks
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring Director is well prepared.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation for business visits, both UK and International.
- The role is likely to involve occasional travel (UK and International) for both general assistance and to participate within the meetings.
- Screening phone calls, inquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Ensuring that regular meetings are scheduled including; 1-2-1’s, Senior Management Team meetings, Strategic Team meetings and company update meetings.
- Collating Weekly reports
Business Assistant tasks
- Assisting with the management of the Distribution network
- Ensuring the Distributor Charter (Distributor Management Tool) is being implemented, reported and taking an active role in this process.
- Co-ordinate administration for the new distributors.
- Assist with the planning, co-ordination and continual development of distributor trainings.
- Management of information in the Distributor Portal.
- Update and analyze monthly sales KPI’s, flagging any potential issues or trends, with a view to reviewing and developing these.
- Help with the data management and data use within the CRM (ACT).
- Carrying out specific projects and research and presenting finding in an appropriate manner.
- Producing documents, reports and presentations.
- Keeping the Sales presentations up to date with the help of Sales Team and Product Managers.
- Keeping the Product presentations up to date with the help of Sales Team and Product Managers.
- Assisting with the organisation of staff and third-party events.
- Building relationships with key distributors and suppliers.
- Assisting in large sales projects and tenders.
About you as Business Assistant
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Experience of BSc (or higher) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline.
- Technical and commercial knowledge of the market for products in process and organic chemistry.
- Experience in the laboratory industry, ideally in the chemistry market.
- Ideally experience in a similar role
- Fully computer literate with Microsoft Office.
- Full UK driving license.
And have the following qualities
- A professional self-motivated person who can organise their own varied workload
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues and partners at all levels.
- Well organised with a good attention to detail and the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy.
- Enthusiasm and perseverance with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Forward thinking always looking for ways to improve current systems and suggest new initiatives
- Diligent attitude with the determination to see things through to completion
- Capable of working as part of a team and able to use own initiative when working independently.
- Aptitude to meet challenges that may arise
What we can offer you as Business Assistant
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks holiday + bank holidays
- Pension contribution
- Attractive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus.
Apply today 01279 260096
Upload your cv here