Employment Lawyer Cambridge
Employment Lawyer Cambridge. Our prestigious clients seek an Employment Lawyer for their office based in Cambridge. Due to recent growth they seek an Employment Lawyer to manage a full portfolio of clients, to assist other Employment Lawyers in the team on more complex matters, and proactively look for fee development opportunities; the successful candidate will also be responsible for management of junior team members from day to day
Principle Responsibilities of the Employment Lawyer
- To manage a portfolio of employee and employer matters to a high standard in accordance with group requirements.
- Effective provision of employment law and HR advice to clients.
- Display pro-active awareness of current relevant legislation and compliance standards relating them to client situations.
- Proactively identify opportunities to add value and refer clients to group specialists.
- Effectively control own portfolio and client costs.
- Raise high quality business correspondence and deliver high quality legal advice whilst demonstrating a value for money service to clients.
- Takes full responsibility for WIP, billing procedures and debtor control of own portfolio with support from supervising team members.
- Welcomes opportunities to meet with referral sources for fee development purposes.
- Includes opportunities for fee development in client conversations or correspondence where appropriate.
- Is the main point of contact for queries from clients within own portfolio.
- Recognises when matters exceed technical knowledge and experience and seek support from supervising team members.
- Maintains effective working relationships with clients including proactive contact
Personal Specifications for the Employment Lawyer:
Work based competencies
- Must have a minimum of 4/5 years PQE
- Possess excellent technical knowledge of employment law
- Have proven experience in handling and managing own caseload
- Proven experience in advising both employee and employers in a full range of employment law matters
- Proven experience in advising on more technical employment law matters including TUPE.
- Experience in litigation, including commercial litigation, would be desirable, although not essential
- Confident, articulate and able to communicate with all levels (externally and internally)
- Well presented and professional
- An effective team player
- Good IT skills
- Highly reliable
- An assertive and confident communicator
- Well organised
- Self motivated
- Efficient and able to encourage efficiency in others
- Shows excellent judgement
- Mature and professional: takes responsibility for the job
- Able to influence decision making
Training & Development available for the Employment Lawyer
- CPD programme including compliance and broader technical skills training
- Performance reviews every 6 months
Benefits Package for the Employment Lawyer
- Competitive Salary and an excellent benefits Package
Interested? Apply today – Contact Sincerity Personnel 01279 260096
Follow the link to upload your cv
Employment Lawyer Cambridge