Junior Development Technician Harlow Essex
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as a Junior Development Technician for a contemporary and team-oriented company who are based in Harlow.
Overview for the Junior Development Technician:
The Junior Development Technician will assist with all aspects of the in-house product development process by assisting in the creation of prototypes and undertaking various forms of in-house product testing. The Junior Development Technician will also be required to process and distribute incoming product samples for the design team, along with adhering to strict development workshop safety procedures and ensuring that workshop equipment is maintained. As part of the role, the candidate will be required to prepare working product samples for sales and marketing purposes, as well as maintaining the upkeep of display samples.
This is a varied role encompassing tasks that often require a degree of flexibility and self-motivation. As such, the ideal candidate must be able to work effectively on an individual basis and within a team and take guidance from the Development Workshop Manager and other senior members of the product development team. The Junior Development Technician must ensure that both within their work output and in their professional conduct they fully reflect our clients Core Values.
Candidate Profile for Junior Development Technician:
The Junior Development Technician must be comfortable working in a workshop environment and using workshop equipment. Training on 3D printing software will be provided in-house, but any knowledge of 3D printing and the ability to work from and read dimensional drawings would be desirable.
- To assist in the creation of prototypes from supplied drawings, in accordance with guidelines.
- Painting and finishing of models and samples.
- Competent and safe operation of all the various workshop, 3D printing and testing machinery.
- To undertake in-house testing of products when required.
- Accurate data logging of test results using PLM and Excel software.
- Process and distribute incoming product samples.
- Create and process working product samples for our sales & marketing team.
- Make amendments to existing product as part of special orders or rework existing product where needed under guidance of the Development Workshop Manager.
- Conversion of products to emergency lighting specification.
- Maintain a high standard of safety procedures in the workshop environment and assist in keeping associated machinery clean, tidy and in safe working order.
- Occasionally required to carry out basic building maintenance tasks.
In addition, the candidate is required to perform duties as assigned by their line manager from time to time.
- A professional approach to time management and working to deadlines.
- Have working knowledge of workshop machinery such as a Band Saw, Pillar Drill, Disc Sander and Buffing Wheel (commonly found in high school Design Technology workshops) and experience in use where appropriate.
- The Junior Development Technician must be able to work comfortably within a team environment and be able to follow guidance and instruction from senior members of the team.
- Salary £18,500 + Benefits
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday – 38.75 hours with a 45 minute lunch break.
- Career progression
- 23 days plus BH
- 4% contributory pension scheme
- Profit related annual bonus
- Free parking
- Fantastic state of the art working environment
- Excellent social events for all staff
Interested? Apply today – Contact Sincerity Personnel 01279 260096
Follow the link to upload your cv